Friday, September 2, 2011

Tough Life Decisions but Only After Coffee

I know, I know...three in less than 24 hrs?! What's wrong with Shawnsie? Not a single thing. As you'll recall from an earlier post, I often get carried away. I tend to be slightly excitable, which is why it's a terrible I idea to taunt me with a surprise. This is a completely factual reenactment.



So yea, I get carried away [slightly].  The reason I'm SO jazzed this morning is that I had an epiphany. In fact, it JUST happened. I'd like to thank a very fashionable and talented friend for pointing out that I was losing myself in petty bullshit. I'm grateful for your big mouth and big opinions.

While devouring two cups of coffee and a delicious bowl of cereal, I thought about Friend's suggestion. "She's so right. So, so right" I thought as I shook my head. The more I mulled it over, the more I realized that I can't let someone who's simply critical of me ruin the spirit of my blog! That's just absurd! After all the dialogue [I use this term loosely on her part], I suddenly came to the conclusion that Mrs. Peacock cannot be reasoned with and unless she's willing to provide constructive criticism, I have no use for her petty jabs. I admit that I had fun returning the favor [I have a big mouth and big opinions, too], but Friend saw the dangerous downward spiral I was being sucked into. I'll call it a Whirlpool of Negativity, Loathing, and Stagnant Pee Water. This is where Mrs. Peacock lives. Sad, right?

After her rant about Husband and where he keeps his balls, I realized that no one is safe from her scorn. She stepped into the ring spewing hot verbal diarrhea at me, but now she's aiming for Husband and friends. NO FUCKING WAY. Much like the mother lion [me] over her darling cubs [you], I felt the fierce protect-defend-kill instinct erupt in me.

Anyway, after this post, Mrs. Peacock will have to stew alone in her own Pee Water. This is my promise to you my friends: I'm not playing splishy-splashy with her ever again! It creates small fissures in my heart to do this, but I'm changing the comment settings for Look Ma, I Blog! Hopefully, this will encourage everyone to become members of the blog so you can comment, criticize, and question freely without worrying that a certain Anonymous someone will try to suffocate you in her Pee Water. [siiiiiiiiiiiick.]

I completely understand any hesitation with regards to becoming a blog member. [You might want to rethink it, though, because I'm considering sending out some sweet Members Only jackets. Not the "new vintage" ones either...the straight up 80s version. Sehhhx-y.]  You can also follow Look Ma, I Blog! via the Facebook page instead of membering up. Two forums for open discussions! Hooray!

So, guys and dolls, now we can get back to business...the business of enjoying life and poking fun at myself, situations, and of course, obnoxious people [who doesn't like that...honestly.]


No comments:

Post a Comment