Thursday, September 1, 2011

P's and Q's

As I've mentioned before, Big L taught Sisters and I the importance of the whole "please" and "thank you" routine. So, I'd like to take a brief moment to say thank you to Anonymous for contributing to a HUGE spike in page views. 


Since Mrs. Peacock took it upon herself to offer up some much needed criticism in the most constructive and useful way possible(not), I've had more traffic to Being an Asshole Parts 1 and 2 in the past day than I've ever had in such a short time frame. [define irony.]

This is great news. I'm thinking about making some t-shirts. I'll be sending them out via carrier pigeon to save on postage [hope you don't mind] so order them while their HOT!

Due to the overwhelming amount of questions, comments, and jokes at Mrs. Peacock's expense [hey, you put it out there honey], I thought I should share the latest and most helpful comment from her. I literally cannot wait until tomorrow. You guys are so adorable. If you were squirrels, I would definitely not eat your babies.



Out of concern for my readers, I feel that I should clarify a few points of interest for all the other Anonymous Commenters....firstly, thank you for taking some time out of your day to read my blog. I hope it afforded you a few minutes of humor. If you didn't like it, I promise I won't stalk and harass you until you acknowledge me. Deal?

Secondly, I'm truly grateful that you chose to contact me separately to introduce yourself and discuss a particular blog. I think this is the part that Mrs. Peacock's brain can't wrap around. Not everyone hides behind anonymity to "protect the innocent"...[by the way, i'm still not sure what this means. Husband thinks it's chocolate-covered baby fingers she hides in her purse next to her ex-husband's balls]. Our conversations assure me that Mrs. Peacock is woefully devoid of humor as everyone else I've ever been contacted by has found something funny, ridiculous, or that "oh-so-true" moment in one or more of my blogs. It makes my heart flip around like a dolphin in heat.

Thirdly, don't let miserable Mrs. Peacock stop you from commenting anonymously. I think she's upset that Husband and I used our super sleuth skills to discover her true identity. [Too bad Tim Curry wasn't involved. He's a bad ass.] Although I'll always encourage you to introduce yourself, I completely understand if you'd rather not officially leave your name. 

Enough of the sappy moments, right? 


To Anonymous:

Thank you for all the page views and continuing to prove that being an asshole is totally unacceptable. Big L would be embarrassed for you and your mother. I hope you continue to enjoy the "train wreck" [although it is slightly worrisome that you derive amusement out of terrible accidents like train wrecks. Have you considered counseling?] I'm sure everything you do has cosmic meaning and touches the lives of people in a wonderful and selfless way. High-five.



2 comments:

  1. I read all your posts. And some of them really do make me giggle, so thanks for that. But I think you should give up on this back and forth with Mrs. Peacock. It's not in the spirit of you or this blog. If you were to ask me (which, admittedly, you did not - but this is a public forum and I have a big mouth that just can't resist spouting an opinion), I'd ignore Peacock from here on out. It's petty bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wholly agree Christina. I was just having a bit of fun, but you're absolutely right. It's taking away from the spirit of the blog. I've always maintained that this blog is about silliness, and silliness it shall be!

    ReplyDelete