Monday, July 25, 2011

Shawnfie Cake

Yes, I realize I'm getting carried away. I probably should have mentioned in my "Here's Some Shit About Me" list that I often get carried away. I think it's a direct result of my hyperactivity and awesome brain power, but I can't be sure.

I celebrated a birthday last week. Because I'm ultra popular and mega busy, I had to postpone any celebration with my family until yesterday. Grandmother Dearest cooked up some delicious lasagna, meatballs, and chocolate zucchini cake. To my complete and utter surprise, there was also ice cream cake. You'll recall that I would kill a man for things like ice cream, pie, brownies, etc. I'm sure you understand the enormity of my sheer delight at having not one but TWO delicious treats at my disposal. Now imagine that your birthday ice cream cake wasn't for you, but for your arch nemesis or possibly someone that you didn't even know existed [this will perpetuate your paranoid delusions regarding 'big brother' and 'the man'.]

This is who the ice cream cake was for:


Lena is my pseudo-cousin whose birthday is also in July. As is custom in my unnaturally large family, we group birthdays together by month and sometimes by season. Depends on Grandmother Dearest's schedule. So, of course, I expected to see Lena's name next to mine, but who the fuck is Shawnfie?


1 comment:

  1. hahaha this is hilarious. talk about ruining a perfectly good ice cream cake. i hope you still ate it tho!

    ReplyDelete